Hire K4ZA

K4ZA and K4DXA working on repairing K4MK’s 80M Yagi

Tower Works: That title says it all—if you need tower work done, from installation to repair, I can probably help you!

With 52 years of ham radio experience, I’ve worked on most every size & make of tower/beam, and specialize in Rohn guyed-towers (25, 45, 55G, etc.). Have a solid mechanical & engineering background (National Contest Journal contributing editor), along with all the necessary skills & tools to install, take down, or repair your system, whether it’s 20 or 200-feet high.

Reasonable rates, good reviews, & ability to travel.

The picture, by the way, is Ken, K4DXA, & myself, working on repairing Kent’s, K4MK, 80M Yagi, a 2L Create. After lowering it just a bit, a system of slings allowed me to tilt the boom so Ken could climb down, access the element tips, & lengthen them. We then repeated that process three more times, successfully tuning the beam in the air, on the tower.  Kent was very happy with the repair.

7 Responses to Hire K4ZA

1. K4ZA says:

I long ago gave up trying to provide MEANINGFUL estimates on ham radio installations. There are simply way too many variables. Pse contact me directly to discuss your needs. Use: k4za@juno.com or use the work cell
    704 408 7948.

2. K4ZA says:

Unless this tower has significant top loading, it will not be an effective vertical for 160M (assume that’s a typo in yr query).
    Impossible to provide meaningful estimate from query, as there are simply wayyyyyyyy too many variables. What type of tower?
    You supply tower, or do I? Can you do any work, or must I provide helper, meaning if you can do the base/anchor work that eliminates one trip, otherwise requires two. Hopefully you get the idea.

Use my email address for faster replies, etc. k4za at juno dot com

3. Sloan Davis says:

I’m looking to have installed a HAM antenna just behind my house in a “wooded area” just beyond the pool. Since I live in a subdivision, it can’t really be visible from the road but can be “camouflaged” to blend in among the trees. The antennas I’m considering are the MFJ-2389 Vertical 80-2 meter plus UHF or the MFJ HF/6M 3.5-54mhz. I would require the complete setup-grounding, cable buried and weather proofed etc. Is this something your company does?

4. Mike Wallace says:

I am a Mover who has been asked to disassemble and remove a Ham tower,( 50 ft tall)?
    It is in Bothell , WA
    It is bolted down to a cement pad. Can anyone advise?
    I need to figure cost for that work and get it scheduled. Possibly mid-Nov.
    Thanks

206-412-6670

5. K4ZA says:

Mike: I do often check the comments section on this blog, as they have only ONCE proven to be
    worthwhile in terms of obtaining real work. I believe you may be unaware I’m in Charlotte NC, as
    I don’t think you would want to pay for the travel to WA state to take down 50-ft of tower.
    If it really IS a ham radio tower, check w/a local radio club (let me know if you need help finding
    such a group); I’ll bet you could get some help that way. Please use my personal email address for
    such a query or other correspondence: k4za at juno dot com
    Or the work cell 704 408 7948 Regards Don K4ZA

6. mauricio rivas says:

dear sir:
    do you have a map of how to building a selfsupporting tower (anwireless) of 12 meters tall.
    truly
    ca2 jxo
    mauricio

7. K4ZA says:

Mauricio:
    I do not know exactly what you want or need, but everything pertaining to the installation
    (base designs, sections size/weight, & windload capacity, etc.) is ON the AN Wireless website!
    73 Don K4ZA